>> Read our 2022 Impact Report HERE.
Child Abuse and Neglect in Champaign County
The problem of children experiencing abuse and neglect in Champaign County is a serious issue in this climate of underfunded services in Illinois. Over 375 children are currently in the court system because of abuse or neglect, and about 40% of those children are under the age of six.
The CASA Difference
Champaign County CASA is the only agency solely focused on the best interest of the child:
- Champaign County CASA is unique because we are appointed as the legal representative or GAL for the child, meaning we provide our children with a staff attorney to represent their best interest. Our attorneys solely work on CASA cases closely with our advocates, so our kids get the best legal representation possible.
- CASA volunteers provide critical information to the judge in order to help make life-changing decisions. Volunteers are trained and recruited by professional CASA staff who have experience dealing with child welfare cases.
Research demonstrates that children with CASA volunteers are more likely to find a safe, permanent home. They’re also:
- Less likely to be bounced from home to home
- More likely to have a plan in place for achieving a permanent home
- More likely to do better in school
We couldn't do it without you.
Give to hope to a child with your generous donation, or apply to become a CASA volunteer today!